Wolf CMS is ...
- lightweight, fast, simple, and powerful
- PHP-based, easily extended
- Can use MySQL, SQLite or PostgreSQL for db
- Simple drag & drop page hierarchy
- understood in 40 different languages
- Open source, licensed under GPLv3
- Code available on Github
The Wolf Approach
Wolf simplifies content management by offering an elegant user interface, flexible templating per page, simple user management and permissions, as well as the tools necessary for file management.
Because Wolf CMS uses PHP directly, there is no need to learn yet another scripting language. This approach has two main advantages:
- Normally, PHP is not used in article pages. Those users who don’t know it and don’t want to learn it aren’t confronted by potentially intimidating blocks of code.
- On the other hand, web designers/developers, who generally know some PHP already, are readily able to code some basic conditions or/and loops to add more dynamics and customization to the website.
Wolf CMS’s main target audience is web developers, web designers and others who have at least some PHP skills.
Still, Wolf is -- and will remain! -- very usable for those who don’t have PHP coding skills. However, in order to take full advantage of what Wolf CMS has to offer, at least basic PHP coding skills are expected.
In short: PHP skills are expected, but not required.